Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Drenched

For a few minutes I actually forgot that I even ran at all this morning- I guess those 3 mile runs literally do feel like nothing now!

This morning it was crazy foggy- like, I could only see about 30 feet ahead of me.  I was really glad that my route only crosses major roads in two places, because I'm sure it would be very hard for cars to see me through that dense fog.  On one hand, the fog was kind of nice because it had a bit of a cooling effect, but on the other hand it just felt ridiculously humid because it was still quite warm out.  Whenever I squeezed my eyes shut I could feel all the water droplets that had collected all over my eye lashes.

If you follow me on Twitter, you would have seen that I tweeted this morning when I got back home:

And it was true- the picture I tweeted proved it!


Ok, so maybe you can't tell that well by the photo, and some of it is legitimate sweat, but I was twice as drenched as I normally am after a 3 mile run!  My hair looked like I had just gone swimming- and that has never happened before!

I was pretty annoyed at the end of my run this morning though- even though I gave my Nike+ a great review a couple weeks ago, I think I'm going to have to go back and amend that review.  My sensor has been disconnecting frequently and it doesn't say that it's a low battery, so I don't really know what the problem is.  I run the same 3 mile route every week and today it got stuck on 2.9 miles and refused to record that last tenth of a mile even though I kept running past my normal stopping place.  I looked at the Garmin Forerunners a little bit- I like that the 305 has the heart rate monitor with it, but I haven't done much comparison shopping around yet.

Do you use a Garmin Forerunner? Tell me about it!!

4 comments:

  1. We had one of those foggy mornings today. Felt like running in a cloud!

    I used to have the same problems with Nike+ and I also found that it just wasn't accurate enough, especially over longer distances. I love my Garmin Forerunner 205!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the forerunner 405 and i LOVE it. i don't always understand what the heart rate information means, but i like tracking all the different numbers. hubby gave it to me for my birthday and i couldn't be happier. i used the nike+ system for several years, but as the runs get longer it gets more inaccurate. i had to start mapping out my routes to make sure that i was getting the miles in for my workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 405 and I like it, but wish I would have gone with the 305. I went with the 405 because it was slightly smaller, but it is still too big to wear other than running. My main problem with the 405 is that it is too sensitive. There are only two buttons with the rest of the "buttons" being touch sensitive areas on the face of the watch. However, when you get sweaty or run in the rain, it makes using those "buttons" difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 305 and love it! It is a great product for the price. It is a bit large, although it is light weight and after wearing it a couple times I stopped noticing it!

    I really enjoy being able to see my pace and distance while running. If I know that I need to run 6 miles I don't have to plan a specific route. I just go as far as I need to until the Garmin tells me I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete