Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 9 Reflection

The Ups:

  • Multiple times this week I completely forgot I had gone running earlier in the day- I guess that means I'm really falling into this routine!
  • This was a "step back" week in my program, so the long run was "only" 10 miles.
  • I still haven't missed any training runs
  • I'm officially half way through my 18 week training program
  • And the very best up of the week: after Hubby G found out that my Nike+ wasn't working anymore, he surprised me with a Garmin Forerunner 305!


The Downs:

  • I didn't feel very motivated this week
  • My smashed toe is still pretty swollen and a little uncomfortable


It felt like kind of a weird week.  It went by fast and the runs felt easy, but at the same time I didn't feel as motivated as I have in past weeks.  I was really frustrated with the glitches with my Nike+, so hopefully next week with my new Garmin will be better!

What I've accomplished so far:
9 weeks of training
176 training miles

What's left to do:
9 weeks of training
268 training miles

5 comments:

  1. Oh that hubby! The Garmin will definitely motivate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new Garmin! That will motivate you to get out and run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so exciting! a garmin changes everything, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't heard from you in awhile...just want to make sure everything is still going ok and that you're still on track for the 17th. hope to see you at the start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just noticed you had not posted for awhile. I hope it is because you are busy running and nothing has got you down!

    ReplyDelete